Rakesh C. Patel, MD
- American Urological Association
- Clinical Trials Researcher
- Educator, University of Florida
Dr. Patel is a certified Diplomat of the American Board of Urology and is one of the few specialists to be board certified in Urogynecology.
Dr. Patel was born in India. His family moved to the United States when he was 5 years old. He grew up in Houston, Texas. He received his undergraduate education at the University of Texas-Austin, and his medical education at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He moved to Florida to do his surgical and urological residencies at the University of Florida- Shands Hospital. Dr. Patel is residency trained in laparoscopic surgery. He enjoys running and improving his golf skills.
Dr. Patel has been practicing in Orlando, Florida since 2003.
I enjoy practicing urology because it allows me to develop lasting relationships with my patients and help them with their medical or surgical problems as needed. I want patients to be treated with complete knowledge of their problems and be offered all treatments available. - Rakesh C. Patel, M.D.
- Board Certified, Urology
- Residency, Urology, University of Florida – Shands Hospital
- Residency, Surgery, University of Florida – Shands Hospital
- Medical Degree, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- American Urologic Association
- So. Eastern Section AUA
- Florida Urological Society
- Florida Medical Association
- American Medical Society
- Orange Country Medical Association
1812 North Mills Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32803
2000 Fowlers Grove Blvd. 3rd Floor
Winter Garden, Florida 34787